The expanded and updated Essential Brain Injury Guide, Edition 5.0, Revised is a hard cover, 25 chapter, 500-page text that provides a wealth of vital information about brain injury, its treatment and rehabilitation. Over 60 authors contributed to this edition, which includes an overview of topics such as:
- TBI and diagnostic imaging
- Medical, physical, cognitive, neurobehavioral, and psychosocial consequences of injury
- TBI in pediatrics and adolescents, as well as aging with a brain injury
- Concussions and mTBI, as well as disorders of consciousness
- Rehabilitation philosophy, outcome measurement, and care management
- Effect of injuries on families
- Cultural, gender, and sexuality issues
- Military populations
- Participation and return to work.
The Essential Brain Injury Guide, Edition 5.0, Revised is the successor to the Essential Brain Injury Guide 4.0 and the ACBIS Study Guide, used as the primary brain injury reference by thousands of professionals and para-professionals providing direct services to persons with brain injury over the past 20 years.
Please note: this is the textbook only (does not include study guide). Shipping takes 5-7 business days. To order the study guide, please visit biausa.org. *Shipping within the United States only. International shipping may incur additional costs*