Update Your Care Plan: Head & Neck Cancer
Head and Neck CA can be a devastating diagnosis, and presents a multitude of challenges to the PT/OT/SLP when it comes to physical rehabilitation. This 3.0 hour masterclass will redefine your mission and role within this population, and is guaranteed to leave you with more skills and a deeper understanding of the complexities of this diagnosis.
In this course, we:
- Examine prevalence and impact of HNC in USA and worldwide
- Explore typical course of treatment and clinical implications
- Discuss role of rehabilitation clinician in HNC treatment & recovery
- Review goals & intervention strategies applicable to this population
- Consider future of rehabilitation in this space
After taking this course- you will feel more confident and holistic in your approach to this complex diagnosis!
What will you learn?
By the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence and impact of HNC in USA and worldwide
- Describe typical course of treatment and clinical implications
- Identify role of rehabilitation clinician in HNC treatment & recovery
- Set goals & intervention strategies applicable to this population
- Identify potential future rehab and pre-hab in the field
Update Your Care Plan: Head & Neck Cancer
Method of instruction: This course will be provided live course (in person and virtual) as well as a pre-recorded webinar.
Total Time: 3 hours
Time Ordered Agenda:
0:00- 0:30: Intro; Objectives; Myths
0:30-1:00: Statistics; Impact; Risk Factors
1:00-1:45: Course of treatment for Head & Neck CA- Surgery, Radiation, Chemo
1:45- 2:15: Role of Rehab clinician; Assessments; Goals and POC
2:15 – 2:45: Impairments and Interventions overview
2:45 – 3:00: Role of pre-hab; Conclusion
ARC Seminars sets itself apart from the competition in many ways!
- ARC Seminars is run by a group of practicing clinicians- so we have been where you are! This Head and Neck CA course is taught by an OT/CLT experienced and working in this field everyday.
- Most courses are aimed at the widest audience possible, in order to get as many participants as possible. While that can be a great way of getting professionals from different fields together, it is not always conducive to working through specific problems, and can make the information very vague, theoretical, and general. ARC Seminars are specific to the field of rehabilitation, and we have many years of experience in treating and developing procedures for treatment in rehabilitation settings.
- We provide guidance and support for setting up your own program! ARC Seminars not only provide education and guidance within the seminar to set up your own program, but we will also provide you with follow-up guidance and support after the seminar to ensure that your program is successful!
- ARC Seminars uses the most up-to-date and evidence-based techniques to ensure your participation in the course is translated to the most learning and carryover possible!
- Materials: You will be provided with a comprehensive manual of all the presentation slides, exclusive access to specially developed tools and resources related to the course content, and ongoing support and guidance!
Meet your presenter, Emily Cahalan!
Emily Cahalan: OTR/L, CLT, CBIS, CKTP. Emily graduated from the National University of Ireland, Galway from the Occupational Therapy program. She has over 8 years of experience in teaching students, therapists, and clinical staff. Emily is particularly passionate about health awareness and health advocacy and believes that all patients, family members and clinicians should be empowered to treat with the most effective and up to date information that is available. Emily’s experience ranges from neurological rehabilitation to lymphedema management, and she has worked specifically to integrate edema management techniques to maximize client outcomes in in-patient and home care settings. If you have any questions for Emily, please contact her directly at email@example.com.
Disclosures: Financial- Emily is reimbursed as a presenter by ARC Seminars. Non-financial- Emily has no relevant non-financial disclosures.
Who should attend?
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Client and Student Testimonials
Wonderful Seminar, Well Done!- SZ
Presenters are excellent, thorough, kept topic interesting- GF
Great Class. Enjoyed the smaller class size- SH
Excellent Presenter. Well Organized. I would recommend this course and speaker to others. -DF
We at ARC Seminars have many years of experience teaching and passing on our expertise to students, with excellent results. We believe that supporting the student at all levels of learning: hands-on and kinesthetic learning, pre-reading for a complete understanding of didactic teaching, follow-up support and materials, and program development for carryover of your new skills in the working environment.
Update Your Care Plan: Head & Neck CA | Course Follow-Up/Online Support
After you have attended the seminar, you will have access to an online community of other therapists and professionals for support and guidance. The presenters at ARC Seminars will always be available to answer your questions and provide help with your work!
Join the ‘ARC Seminars‘ on Facebook to connect with like minded therapists and nurses, troubleshoot ideas, and discuss clinical situations!
This course is intended to prepare the learner to understand and provide appropriate interventions to those post Head & Neck CA treatment.
Financial- Emily Cahalan is compensated as an instructor by ARC Seminars.
Non-financial- Emily has no non-financial conflicts of interest, or relevant disclosures.
We are committed to accessibility of education for all our learners, and have made every effort to make sure that all aspects of our courses are considered in order to ensure accessibility to all. However, if you require special accommodations, please contact admin at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to course commencement, to ensure that your requirements are met.
Continuing Education Units/Professional Development Units
This seminar contains intermediate content. Instructional method is live and in-person; through a combination of presentation, discussion/case studies; demonstration and live practice.
Speech and Language Pathologists: ARC Seminars is an ASHA Approved Provider of Continuing Education.
Occupational Therapists: ARC Seminars is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development, #000087. This course is offered for 0.7 AOTA CEUs, approval #0004599, (7.0 contact hours). This course contains content classified under both Occupational Therapy Process and Domain of OT. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Physical Therapists: This program has been approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 3.0 Category 1 contact hour(s). Expiration Date: 02/18/2023. Approval Number: CS110-2021-APTAKY. Most other state boards of physical therapy will accept continuing education offerings that are approved by the APTA.
ARC Seminars is a California Board of Physical Therapy Approved Provider of Continuing Education. This course has been approved by the New Jersey Board of Physical Therapy Examiners; the Pennsylvania Board of Physical Therapy Examiners; the Delaware Board of Physical Therapy Examiners; and the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
Please contact us at email@example.com for your specific state requirements.
Update Your Care Plan: Head & Neck CA | Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course and receive continuing education units, the participant must:
- Pay registration fee
- Complete over 90% of video tutorials
- Complete post-course competency evaluation
We at ARC Seminars are committed to bringing you the very best experience possible.
If you wish to get a refund, or in the unlikely event of a cancellation, please review our Refunds & Cancellation policy.
If you wish to lodge a complaint, please review our Complaint and Grievance policy here, and at any time feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.